» Lovesreading06 2013 Books
by Weave Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:28 pm

» Wissy's Reading Log 2013
by Weave Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:28 pm

» Lovesreading06 blog 2012
by Weave Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:27 pm

» Inc's 2012 Reading
by Weave Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:26 pm

» Read a book with the tilte of the month in on that month.
by Weave Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:25 pm

» 2012 Genre Challenge
by Weave Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:25 pm

» Incognito In Stitches
by Weave Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:49 pm

» The hello/goodbye thread..
by Weave Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:47 pm

» What are you looking forward to?
by Weave Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:30 pm

» What are you wearing?
by Weave Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:27 pm

» Amazon (Marcus's Author Page)
by Weave Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:20 pm

» Stupid questions
by Weave Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:12 pm

» What is everyone doing today?
by Weave Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:05 pm

» Bones on Sky
by Weave Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:21 pm

Vampires Realm Series by F E Heaton

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  Charmy on Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:46 pm

I've recently bought a kindle and have been having a ball with it! Very Happy One of the best series of books I've found on it recently are the Vampires Realm series by F E Heaton (also known as Felicity Heaton). It's an adult supernatural series and I wondered if anyone else has read the books and if you enjoyed them? Here are some of my thoughts

Prophecy: Child Of Light

Synopsis

A vampire unlike any other, Prophecy lives life in the dark until the night she encounters Valentine, a gorgeous vampire who is both her enemy and the man who will change her life forever.Convinced that the prophecy about her is wrong and unable to ignore the vision of them that he saw in her blood, Valentine goes against his orders to execute Prophecy and kidnaps her instead. The attraction between them grows as they search for the truth behind the prophecy, battle a dark evil that threatens to destroy the world, and attempt to evade their families and the Law Keepers.When the truth about her is revealed, will Prophecy be strong enough to face it? Will they discover a way to save the world from Hell? And will they finally see past the hatred bred into them by their families and surrender to their love?

The first novel in the Vampires Realm series, Prophecy: Child of Light is part one in an epic tale of love and war that is sure to capture your heart and leave you craving more.

My thoughts:
I read this quite a while ago but didn't want to write about it until I had read the next 2 installments in the trilogy, which I have now done. I found this little gem at a very cheap price on Amazon kindle store and was hooked from the very beginning. It is well written with a modern gothic atmosphere which I adore, the storyline also takes the characters throughout historic Europe as they follow the trail in search of the prophecy and the answers they need to help them.

The two main characters of Prophecy and Valentine are well thought out with plenty of back history to make them both interesting and believable. There are of course plenty of nasty characters who pop up regularly and help to keep the storyline action packed and exciting. This is a series full of vampires, werewolves, demons and magic with a touch of adult content thrown in. Highly recommended!

10/10

Prophecy: Caelestis & Aurorea

Synopsis

The final battle draws closer. Prophecy's world becomes darker and more dangerous, pushing her to the limit and testing her strength and her heart, almost breaking her. Old friends turn their backs, leaving her to fight with the help of an unlikely ally and forcing her to call on the devastatingly seductive and powerful Lord Hyperion for assistance. Struggling to rescue Valentine from the malicious hands of her blood brother, Arkalus and the lord of Aurorea, Kalinor, Prophecy discovers just how powerful she is and how far people will go to stop her from fulfilling her destiny. Lives are lost, battles are won, and the scroll foretelling the prophecy is finally completed, but nothing can prepare them for what lies ahead.

When her visions show her the path that must be taken, will Prophecy be able to do what is necessary? Are Prophecy and Valentine ready to command the power they'd never thought would be theirs? And are they strong enough to fight the evil of their true enemy? Following on from Prophecy: Child of Light, the tension rises and love grows in Prophecy: Caelestis & Aurorea, a thrilling second part to this story that draws you into a dark, dangerous world of vampires, magic and the war to end all wars.

My thoughts:
The second in this series just sees the adventure get better and better. Prophecy is starting to learn to control her magic better, but she receives help from an unlikely source to complete her mission, this however adds to the anguish she feels in her heart where her love is concerned. Another exciting, fast paced, roller coaster of a read which introduces even more intriguing characters to the mix, again while travelling across Europe.

Again I was totally engrossed in this book and couldn't put it down until I had read every last page.

10/10

Prophecy: Dark Moon Rising

Synopsis

An enemy with unimaginable power and bloodlines with centuries of hatred bred into them, two things that threaten to tear Prophecy and Valentine apart as they fight for their lives and their future together. Their vain attempt to join their houses into one army drains the last of their strength, leaving them more vulnerable than they've ever been. The tension escalates between the bloodlines, and, more dangerously, between Valentine, Prophecy and Venturi. As everything crumbles around them, defeat seems inevitable.

In one decisive move, their enemy turns the tables against them, taking what is most important to Prophecy and leaving her to fear that the terrifying visions she's been having are coming true. An enemy becomes a friend, guiding her in her time of need, and a friend becomes an enemy. Death, destruction and danger surround her, but the help of an old ally brings her the army she needs and the dark moon brings her the power to fight the legions of Hell.

When the time comes, will Prophecy be able to do what's necessary or will the sacrifice she must make be too painful to go through with? Does she have the strength to stop Hell from being unleashed into the world and save the ones she loves at the same time?The dramatic conclusion to the Prophecy story, Prophecy: Dark Moon Rising is a gripping tale of love and war that will take hold of you, set your heart racing and not let you go until the very last page.

My thoughts:
The final installment in this exciting trilogy brings to the fore the prophecy at last. Prophecy has come into her own, with the control of her magic and those she loves around her, she prepares to battle a deadly and powerful enemy who wants to bring hell to earth. However, nothing is ever that easy and this thrilling read brings together the adrenaline rush of battle and the emotional highs and lows. A fantastic conclusion to an epic story!If you're a fan of gothic style, supernatural books you should enjoy this trilogy.

10/10

NB: Be aware, contains adult sexual scenes

Charmy

Back to top Go down

Re: Vampires Realm Series by F E Heaton

Post  Weave on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:42 pm

Hi Charmy, how are you? cheerful

The 'Vampires Realm' Series sound great and definitely my kind of series, I am so buying a kindle! cheerful

Weave
Admin

http://haveahootreadabook.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmy on Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:59 am

Weave wrote:Hi Charmy, how are you? cheerful

The 'Vampires Realm' Series sound great and definitely my kind of series, I am so buying a kindle! cheerful

I'm good Weave thanks, how've you been? friends

You really do need to get a kindle, there are so many books on there that you would love! Maybe the big fella with the red suit could bring you one in Dec? Wink

Charmy

Back to top Go down

Post  lankylil on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:42 am

I got "Prophecy: Child Of Light" in July but haven't yet read it yet ~ after reading your review, I am sure that I will enjoy it.

I'm a bossy, gobby & opinionated Christian chick. Married, with one son ~ with an addiction to reading and being in the 'great outdoors'.

Team Darcy study , Team Edward Vamp & Team Ash king Team Loki

lankylil

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmy on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:22 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed it lankylil, hope you do too! Sounds like we have similar taste Wink

Charmy

Back to top Go down

Post  lankylil on Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:01 am

Charmy wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed it lankylil, hope you do too! Sounds like we have similar taste Wink

Similar taste ~ reads good taste lol xx Very Happy Laughing

I'm a bossy, gobby & opinionated Christian chick. Married, with one son ~ with an addiction to reading and being in the 'great outdoors'.

Team Darcy study , Team Edward Vamp & Team Ash king Team Loki

lankylil

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top